Sunday, February 28, 2010
My 5th mix which I started in January and didn't really complete til February 2010.
Based on feedback I've tried to tighten up the progression but I know I can still improve in that area.
Trancey stuff upfront, a bit of tech in the middle with some cheesy remixes, and finishing with some epic trance towards the end...enough to make me "happy"
1. Piovere - Sindre Eide - Enhanced
2. Always - Simon Patterson - Reset
3. Borealis - DJ Eco - Infrasonic
4. Tuvan - Gaia - Armada
5. Montego Bay - Ingsha - Armada
6. Mainstage - W&W - Captivating Sounds
7. Papillon (Tiesto Remix) - Editors - PIAS Recordings
8. Earthquake (Ali Wilson Tekelec Remix) - Little Boots - White Label
9. Perfect - Smart Apes vs Anna Lee - Emphase
10. Above the Clouds - Fast Distance & Dimension - Magic Island
11. Healesville Sanctuary (Signum Mix) - Roger Shah & Signum - Magic Island
12. Don't Give a Fuck (Vocal Mix) - Stoneface & Terminal - Euphonic
Wykahmix #5 - Happy by wykah
This is Banksy's new movie and it's a very amusing documentary of the street art movement. Following Thierry Guetta, a rather odd French man with a penchant for filming everything he does the movie tells the tale of how he got in on the scene and began filming a number of artists who wouldn't normally want to be seen on camera.
It's not all about Banksy, he does feature and is quite amusing but there are clips of his LA show, his Disney invasion and some of his other work. It also features Invader and Obey amongst others.
The title of the film doesn't seem to work, the original title was "Selling Sh*t to C*nts" which is a lot better.
The movie is out in the middle of March but there are some preview shows in a unique location. A custom built cinema under the arches beneath Waterloo station entered in the graffiti bombed Leake St.
My photos can be seen on flickr here.
Following the success of Infinity War we get our next Marvel franchise and it's the second outing for Deadpool. The first film's ...
I fancied a week of movie going as there had been a wave of new releases that I'd wanted to see. The first was this one from Clint East...
Hollow Hotel is the latest immersive theatre show from differenceEngine, who in the past gave us Heist and The People's Revolt. In th...
January 2010 saw me taking a long weekend to visit Bucharest in Romania. This was my 30th capital city (if you include San Marino and Vatica...