Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Gig #79: They Might Be Giants @ Barbican

A night for the 90s music geeks as TMBG rolled into London as part of their World Tour. A band I think I saw at Reading many years ago but one that has changed over the years with dozens of albums to their name though; I'll admit to be being a big fan of the earlier ones though.

Tonight we had two sets and a couple of encores that ran for almost 2.5 hours, great for the fans, and moreso because it was a sitdown show in the rather excellent Barbican theatre; which served as my graduation ceremony location and a KLF Y2K gig I saw in '99.

The band were excellent with an absolutely incredible jazz trumpeter Curt Ramm who has played with the likes of Springsteen in the past. 

The track selection was really good too with welcome nods to the earlier tracks as well as some off the more recent albums. I left happy!

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...