Sunday, January 29, 2023

2023 Diary

Well the year has now gone and I'm glad it has. Unfortunately any plans to resume work were upended by my father passing in May and supporting Mum in her adjustment to living alone, which included a house move. The family has come closer now, but my life and mental health took an absolute battering this year. 

Games Completed

I clearly played too many variations of the 100 Hidden games; what an easy way to build the list up.
All the games I completed are listed below. My favourite games are in bold.
100 Hidden Aliens
100 Hidden Birds
100 Hidden Birds 2
100 Hidden Cats
100 Hidden Cats 2
100 Hidden Cupcakes
100 Hidden Cups
100 Hidden Dogs
100 Hidden Eternals
100 Hidden Fish
100 Hidden Frogs
100 Hidden Frogs 2
100 Hidden Gnomes
100 Hidden Hares
100 Hidden Mice
100 Hidden Mushrooms
100 Hidden Rams
100 Hidden Snails
100 Hidden Turtles
An Arcade Full of Cats
Atomic Heart
Broforce Forever
Chants of Sennaar
Cocoon
Control
Dere Vengeance
Enter the Gungeon
Escape Academy
Escape Simulator
Franken
Goat Simulator 3
Gris
Hi-Fi Rush
Hyperbolica
Jusant
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Lingo
Maquette
Morodashi Sumo
Mystery in the Office
Nippon Marathon
Patrick's Parabox
Planet of Lana
Power Wash Simulator
Sensorium
Superliminal
Taiji
Talos Principle 2
Tears of the Kingdom (haven't finished it just yet, but I could do)
The Exit 8
The Roottrees Are Dead
The Witness
This House
Timeframe
Tinykin
Tunic
Understand
Viewfinder
Yeah, You Want Those Games...

Games that don't have endings.

Crime Boss: Rockay City
Demonologist
Fortnite
GTA V Online
Hitman
Mario Kart 8
Party Animals
Payday 3
The Finals

Countries Visited

I didn't get to do much travelling at all this year. Amsterdam took place before my father died. We took mum up to Scotland to help take her mind off things, and I did a 4-day trip to Miami for Despacio - the shortest long haul trip to the US I've done. 

Netherlands
Scotland
USA

UNESCO

Nothing this year unfortunately.

Music Live

I didn't get to do much in the way of gigs this year compared to previous years, and only two with my gig buddy, which is not good at all. Even my trip to the US was literally for Despacio and back home. I do have some gigs booked for 24 and I hope it picks up.

01/02 Lo Moon @ The Roundhouse
01/02 Metric @ The Roundhouse
17/02 Trudy Knight @ Printworks
17/02 Mixhell @ Printworks
17/02 Kittin @ Printworks
17/02 Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Populi @ Printworks
17/02 Erol Alkan @ Printworks
17/02 2ManyDJs @ Printworks
05/04 Lynks @ Scala
05/04 Birthday Girl @ Scala
05/04 Jessica Winters @ Scala
05/04 PVA @ Scala
02/06 DJ Yoda @ Between the Bridges
09/06 Girl Ray @ Royal Festival Hall
09/06 Django Django @ Royal Festival Hall
20/10/23 Danny Daze @ iiiPoints
20/10/23 Black Coffee @ iiiPoints
20/10 Despacio @ iiiPoints
21/10/23 Donzii @ iiiPoints
21/10/23 Jockstrap @ iiiPoints
21/10 Despacio @ iiiPoints
24/11 Soft Play @ Alexandra Palace
24/11 Jack Saunders @ Alexandra Palace
24/11 The Prodigy @ Alexandra Palace
22/12 XL5 @ The Old Market Tavern


Live Shows

Again, way down on previous years. I do have Spirited Away booked for 24.

18/01 My Neighbour Totoro @ Barbican Theatre
02/02 Cirque du Soleil: Kurios @ Royal Albert Hall
23/02 Film Stories Podcast @ Kings Space
17/03 Kim Noble: Lullaby for Scavengers @ Soho Theatre

Films

I did well with films again this year. Too much time spent at home allowed this to remain at a decent number. In total I did 477 films and the top 5, in no particular order were.
Cade the Tortured Crossing
Godzilla Minus One
John Wick 4
Bottoms
Guardians of the Galaxy

The full list can be seen here

Everything else

Because I didn't go anywhere, there's no point tracking the stuff I usually do, so no 7 Wonders, no airports, no coasters... We'll see if that changes next year. 

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...