Saturday, June 20, 2009

Derren Brown - Enigma


I'm a fan of his TV shows and always wanted to see his live performance, and on a whim I managed to get a last minute ticket for his new show currently running at the Adelphi theatre in London.

A mixture of his usual mind reading tricks with some more darker stuff in the second half, he entertained a packed house for about 3 hours. Whilst I'm not going to give too much away here I will say that the ending did catch me by surprise, and although I could figure out some of the tricks the last one I still can't get my head around, even now.

It's not all rigged, as the biggest cynics believe. My photo, taken on the way in, featured in a Guess Who trick, and was chosen by one of the four participants (it makes sense if you see it). The one thing I did find odd was in the second half when he attempted to put the entire theatre into a trance. I didn't think hypnosis on a mass scale was allowed but then by not referring to the H word using "induced trance" instead he can probably get away with it.

Definitely worth seeing...


...Goose and Moose and Apple Juice

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...