Friday, July 20, 2018

Gigs: #34-46: Blue Dot Day 1

Rajasthan Heritage Brass Band were playing as I arrived with their little procession going through the site.

Vide0. I guess they were on early for a reason.

Rhain has quite an operatic voice. Her backing band were those Mermaid folk.

Mad Professor Dub. I didn't stick around for the whole set.

Gymnast felt like they were playing their first set. They were ok.

TallSaint, I liked them.

Ana Matronic from The Scissor Sisters playing a flat 4/4 set with quite a lot of loops. She enjoyed herself though.

Roni Size was great. He's touring with a 20-years of New Forms. It was really good to here Brown Paper Bag live. His final tracks were super heavy on the bass. A little worrying some parents thought it ok to dangle their kids over the barriers with no ear plugs.

Lemmy Ashton. I can't remember his set.

UNKLE was a little disappointing. I was wanting some of their early stuff but I know Lavelle has moved on since then. 

AK/DK were alright.

Invading from the Isle of Wight, Plastic Mermaids were a great early act featuring a couple of acts I'd see later in the day.

Headlining Day 1 was The Flaming Lips. They had lots of inflatables and put on a very good show but I don't like their music.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...