Saturday, July 21, 2018

Gigs #47-59: Blue Dot Day 2

Opening Day 2 was Lauran Hibberd. Probably my favourite new act of the weekend and she's set for big things. 

Radiophonic Workshop playing for the second time. These old guys are really good.

Game_Program. Lots of cables and a very electronic set.

The Long Now were quite orchestral for a festival. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Mancunian's Pearl City were very good.

Lamb is an act some friends always see when they play live but I didn't get it. I did now, despite them having technical issues that prevented them playing their own set. Their music needs to be heard live and they have such a presence on stage. 

Finishing the night with the bonkers fun of cassetteboy. Such was it's popularity we had to ditch the chairs to let more in.

Re-Tros were really good. I missed the start of their set but really enjoyed the end of it.

I can't remember which band this was, Fehm perhaps?

I'd seen Hookworms at All Points East. Their show was much the same complete with the lead guy wearing unnecessary cycling shorts.

Gary Numan sounded more Nine Inch Nails than Nine Inch Nails.

I'm not sure who this is either!

Headline act on Day 2 was Future Islands who aren't a main event band and their lack of any sort of show proved that. There must have been another act line up that fell through.


No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...