Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Gig #11: South Yorkshire Mick Hucknall @ DIY Space for London

The support act for tonight's KKB gig was someone who went by the moniker "South Yorkshire Mick Hucknall". I can't admit to having heard of him until tonight but his performance has stuck. It started off with him repeating the phrase "I'm a Big Strong Ravers Man", at least I think that's what it was as it seemed to morph into "I'm a Pissed off Leaders Man" to a hardcore rave tune. He couldn't sing, it was more shouting, although he did do a stage dive through this song. From here we had other "songs" like "We love you spiderman, we do", and covers of Shanice's "I love your smile" and DJ Sammy's "Heaven". The highlight for me was probably the dubstep interpretation of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" where only the line "Had a Very Shiny Nose" is sung.

Bonkers, but it worked and he did have the crowd jumping along to his nonsense. I don't know if it was out of pity or something else.

I found a video of another of his sets should you think I'm making this all up.


No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...