Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 year in review

So I set myself some goals for 2018. Let's see how I did and how what I've got planned for '19.

Rollercoasters: Ride 100 new ones and reach 2000

I rode 102 and reached 1999, which is a real stinker of a number to finish the year on because now it looks like I will choose the landmark one when I didn't really care which ride it ended up being. I'm taking a break in 2019 from coastering, having removed myself from most of the groups I was in. For 2019 I'm setting myself the goal of only riding 1.

Gigs: See 100 live acts.

I saw 102, following a hasty bit of emergency scheduling in December. My favourite acts were Red Snapper, Anna Meredith, Despacio (does that count?), They Might be Giants & The Chemical Brothers. I'm quite chuffed with this one and will aim to do the same in 2019.

Films: See 100 new ones.

I saw 125, although some I had seen before but not on the big screen. Within these I did a few back-to-backs including the Qaatsi trilogy, John Wick double-bill, a mystery all-nighter, a modern horror all-nighter and a John Carpenter all-nighter. My favourites were Fatal Deviation (yep), The Villainess, Don't Breathe & A Quiet Place  I'm quite happy repeating this one in 2019.

Countries: Visit 5 new ones.

I managed 4: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Morocco, Andorra and Montenegro. I did Bosnia twice though. It was a good year for holidays as I also went to Croatia, France, and the US twice. For 2019 I'm looking at keeping things closer to home for the most part with trips to some of the principalities and small islands I've yet to visit.

US States: Visit 2 new ones.

 I got 3 new states (West Virginia, Michigan & Rhode Island). This leaves me with 5 to get.  I am toying with the US for a themed-trip in the Summer though it'll be to cities I've been to before. The new states will need to wait until another year.

Cirque du Soleil. See 1 new show.

I saw Luzia in Boston and very good it was too. I'd like to do another for next year but think I may be able to do a trip with more than that.

Travel 1000 miles on a treadmill.

This is a new one, and I won't be running from the start but I need to get a gym routine in place and figure this will be a nice goal to aim for. 


No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...