Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What have I bought this week!

Trying not to get too addicted to iTunes but this week I have mostly been downloading...

"Antics" by Interpol
I saw the video to "Evil" on Colonel Blimp and totally love this track. If you've seen a video featuring a puppet at the scene of a car crash, this is the track. After hearing another couple of tracks I decided to buy the album. Not bad at all.

"Everyone is Someone in LA" by Felix da Housecat
This is the stand out track on the new Tony Hawk's game. It sounds like some old punk tune but is actually produced by one of the biggest House DJs out there. Completely catchy, and whilst I've already completed the game, there is no way I'm going to tire of this track.

"Love Generation" by Bob Sinclair
He had a big hit with the Jane Fonda workout sample a few years ago ("and back 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) and has had probably produced this year's Summer anthem. OK, so it rips off the whistling from Frankie Knuckle's "Whistle Song" but it's still great.

"Doctor Pressure" by Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine
Yes I like my bootlegs, and this is cheesy as hell, but it's a great great pairing. That Mylo track can be put to just about anything and it would sound superb.

"Big Fun" by Inner City
Just a great tune from the 80s that I saw and thought I'd add to my collection. Now if I can just find an unmixed "Pennies from Heaven" I'd be happy.

"Rez" by Underworld
Another tune that blew me away the first time I heard it. It was actually played a lot on MTV's Party Zone years ago and the video consisted of nothing but coloured circles strobing on the screen. The track goes on for about 10 minutes and takes it's time building up into a track that would still rock the floor a decade on.

"Without You" by Dogzilla
The best track on the last Euphoria CD and now finally released as a single. Epic trance track which actually has a decent vocal which puts it leagues above the crappy trance that is advertised on the telly. Once in a blue moon there are tracks that are so good I'll put them on a loop (which thinking about it would make a great post in itself). This is the most recent.

"I Miss You" by Blink-182
I have the early albums by this lot but thought they'd gone a bit stale so didn't bother the more recent ones. However this track stands out so I decided to buy it. A nice drum track and just a tune that is full of energy; I like it!

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...