Sunday, May 06, 2018

Gig #14: Scooter @ Brixton Academy

Scooter are currently on a 25-year celebratory tour and for the UK they'd chosen 3 venues: Manchester, Belfast and London. It was at the latter that I decided to see them for the second time :)

Support came from Jerome, a DJ signed to the Kontor label, which is also the home of Scooter. For a warm up he played a rather excellent set and succeeded in getting most of the Brixton crowd moving. I wouldn't say there were any highlights in his set as it included the likes of Da Tweekaz "Frozen" and Ran-D's "Zombie" - cheese!


Scooter were on late shortly after 11pm but played an excellent set of anthems with an excellent encore of a medley of tracks from the first two albums. I'm not sure if they're the most successful rave act but they had an excellent reaction from the crowd, which consisted of raving mums and dads, some of which had brought their kids along. A little unusual but very well mannered crowd as a result. I may have to do a "where are they now" on the DJs listed on Hyper Hyper; I don't think many of them are still playing.

After Scooter the venue cleared significantly for Ultrabeat which started extremely strongly with Pretty Green Eyes, Wonderful Days and Elysium before quickly dropping to some tunes I didn't recognise. The MC did a good job keeping what was left of the crowd going but I gave up after half an hour. I did enjoy having some room to throw myself around, which was lacking during Scooter's set, but I was tired...much like the mums and dads I suspect :)

A great night.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...