Friday, September 09, 2016

Park: Madame Tussauds

Madame Tussauds is not a place I would choose to visit. It's stupidly touristy and I don't get the point in it. The uncanny valley always renders the mannequins looking never quite good enough to be convincing.

Anyway here are the dummies.












really?





The least accurate model because she never knew what she looked like.























So why had a I gone?
If you've read my Summer holiday report you'd know that Virtual Reality experts The Void have an installation here demoing their tech, and having not gotten to see their beta facility in Utah, there was no way I was going to miss this. Ghostbusters Dimensions is just amazing and I was fortunate enough to get a sneak peek behind the scenes after I spoke to one of The Void chaps who was on site.


My team mates.

and me, ready to kill some ghosts.

This trailer doesn't give too much away but gives an idea of how it's working.

This is my favourite thing in New York. It's $50 a go for about 15 minutes, but it's incredible and the best use of VR technology in the public domain. The great news is that there's a lot of interest in the tech from other theme parks and I'm sure more of this is going to appear around the world, which is no bad thing.


No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...