Saturday, January 28, 2017

Exhibition: Future Shock @ Cartoon Museum

This marks the 40th birthday of 2000AD, A sci-fi comic that has given us Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper amongst many others. It was a comic I grew up; living in Cyprus we didn't have much access to English publications and this was the one comic I liked and stuck with.

I don't read it any more but am still familiar with it and want to be part of the birthday festivities. As a teaser to a larger event next month, a small exhibition of 2000AD art is taking place at the rather excellent, if small, cartoon museum near the British Museum.


The major characters get their own wall space, noticeably Rogue Trooper does not, sharing it's space with Bad Company (which I thought was great).

The Dredd cutout welcoming you.

They've got quite a good selection of original pieces on display.


My favourite piece of the exhibition. How could I not love an original Halo Jones!

The event runs until April, and I recommend it. The bookshop also has 2 new 2000AD books for sale, ahead of their main release in February.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...