Monday, February 13, 2017

Gig: Tegan & Sara @ Roundhouse

Off to the Roundhouse for my second opportunity to see Canadian Sisters Tegan and Sara. A duo I saw a few years ago but could barely hear on account of getting a double ear-infection in the days leading up to the gig. It made the night a bit weird so I did vow to see them again.

Opening act was Ria Mae. I caught the end of the set and they sounded OK but nothing memorable. They may have performed songs about breaking up, I'm not sure.

Up next was Alex Lahey, she sang songs about breaking up.

Then onto Tegan and Sara who also sung songs about breaking up and relationships, themes that feature heavily in their songs, more so in the more recent album. I preferred the album before and they did play some songs from there which was welcomed. Performance wise they were very good with Tegan sounding better than her sisted, and I liked the banter they have with their audience. They really do know how to connect with their fans.

So a good gig and nice to be able to say I've seen and heard them live.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...