Monday, February 06, 2017

Film: Baraka & Samsara

A nice double bill of Ron Fricke's work, an American cinematographer who travels the world filming people, industry, nature and the stars with some incredible camera skills. There's no vocals other than some background singing which blends into a very ambient soundtrack. Baraka's particularly always seems to put me under for a few minutes. I don't think I've ever made it through without falling asleep, and I mean that in a blissful way and not as a criticism.

I've seen Baraka many times and Samsara once before. The shock impact of Oliver de Sagazan's scene didn't get me this time as it did previously, but the shots of animal farming are still quite distressing (yep, that's included).

As I travel more and more I now start to recognise much of the locations chosen for these films, and I've managed to visit some of the but I realise I still have many more places to go.

Essential viewing for any one with wanderlust or a general interest in the world.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...