Monday, May 08, 2017

Show: The Science of Sleep

As part of Funzig's LDNTalk lectures Richard Wiseman was giving a talk on the research he's done into sleep. Having taken part in some of his research in the past and currently struggling with getting a good night's kip it was a timely lecture.

A lot of the stuff is obvious but the things I took away were to stay away from the phone in the hours up to bed time and how we're wired to sleep in 90 minute cycles, which means if I wake up close to my usual alarm time I should just stay awake and not try to go to back to sleep. It's also good to take a kip, which I find myself doing on the way home anyway.

Wiseman is an entertaining talker too!

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...