Sunday, June 11, 2017

Film: Angel Heart

Angel Heart is 30 years old so the PCC decided to show it and get the director, Alan Parker, in for a little Q&A. The film is spectacular and I think the first film I saw to have a twist ending. I can even remember the first time I saw it, I was baby sitting for a neighbour and they'd got some films in to keep me busy including this one. Such was the impact that I rewound it and watched it a second time (those younger folk won't understand what I mean by "rewound", it was just a thing we had to do back then).

A spectacular story set in New York and New Orleans that has Mickey Rourke playing Harry Angel a low-key private detective who is hired by weird looking businessman Louis Cypher to track down a man who owes him a debt. 

The Q&A went pretty well and Alan is a funny guy. The only thing I got out of it was that he got Mickey at just the right point in his career and that Oliver Stone was difficult to work with. He also talked about the technical challenges in filming that infamous blood-filled sex scene.

So a fun night and another chance to see a film from my childhood on the big screen.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...